To act with respect is:
• Adopt a courteous and polite attitude;
• Show openness to others and empathy;
• Avoid any form of denigration, discrimination, harassment or violence;
• Seek compromise in the event of conflict.
To act collaboratively is:
• Help each other with colleagues and promote exchanges;
• Share ideas and knowledge;
• Recognize the quality of the work of others;
• Maintain a friendly and stimulating workplace;
• Respect the working hours of each person.
Acting professionally is:
• Exercise rigour and diligence in the performance of their duties;
• Engaging in departmental and University mission;
• Respect the confidentiality of information;
• Take responsibility for its workload by assuming the tasks associated with it;
• Comply with all current regulations at Polytechnique Montréal.
To act with probity is:
• Demonstrate objectivity and impartiality;
• Do not use its function to derive undue personal benefits;
• Declare any conflict of interest and manage it rigorously.
Those rules are from the code of conduct of the electrical engineering department.